Here we are almost a month in to the new year and I forgot to mention my memories from 2016. I had all this drawn out back in December but that’s usually when life runs away with you with the holidays, work, people, families, etc.
2016 was certainly an adventure and a lot of fun aside from the celebrity bubonic plague that took many of our cherished actors and singers throughout the course of that year including the beast of a gorilla Harambe #dicksoutforharambe. To recap I have found that I’ve developed a couple new hobbies or I’ve polished already existing ones.
Hobbies Have Evolved
For example my auto mechanical knowledge has jumped significantly in the past year thanks to the constant workings of that Jeep I had bought back in 2015. Every week I felt like I was working on that thing in one form or another, not because it was broken but when sense a part or function that is doing what its not suppose to be doing I like to take care of it quickly. A lot of times in a Jeep you’re out in the middle of nowhere with a few friends and some tools and I don’t like the idea of being stranded.
My cooking knowledge has exploded. Thanks to living with my lovely girlfriend I have begun cooking for her every night. Most nights its usually something simple but I’ve found myself being successful at tackling more complex recipes such as a BBQ garlic glazed and mozzarella infused meatloaf or roasted garlic chicken with herb sauce. Those two recipes get me rock solid hard each time I make them and they’re usually zero leftovers.
I’ve expanded my gaming horizons. Now I know this doesn’t sound like much and every gamer has his preferences when it comes to gaming but I’ve begun playing outside of my normal box. I’ve picked up different genres such as puzzle games and turn based strategy as well as your stealth games that require a lot of patience. It can be extremely boring sometimes or extremely satisfying but either way I’m happy I started broadening my scope.
Fun Stupid Stuff Still Happens
I’ll do a quick recap of this one with numbers.
- My buddy Nick and I went camping in the spring and froze our asses off. I was doing pilates in a sleeping bag to keep my body temp up.
- My buddy Nick and I tried to redo our camping trip and he ended up getting attacked by buffalo sauce in the jeep that I had accidentally left on the seat during one of our trail rides.
- I ran into a tree with my buddy SexBurger (yes thats what I call him) during another trail ride up in the coal region at a 4×4 park. I pushed it over but it pushed back.
- I drank beer in a creek with 25 men wearing swim trunks or nothing at all. Its not a nudist colony, they just dont like pants. Oh and there was beer.
- My girlfriend and I went to Cancun and met a lizard named Frank that lived under our outside landing. She also became addicted to a drink called Hummingbirds thanks to our bartender Diego.
- I met a clone of my friend and we call him ‘The Johnny’. He smoked 3 packs a day and had more chest hair than you’d believe.
- My buddy Peas got married in November and the photographer said she had seen it all and we cant surprise her. We almost made her throw up and we nicknamed her the friendly Nazi.
- My buddy Arnold caused a large manhunt because he fell asleep in a spot no one could find him at a bachelor party. It was under a mattress we found in the house.
There is more I could add in but tits almost 10 in the morning on Saturday and I’m hungry so yeah bananas on you.